Friday, August 5, 2011

First Summer of Camp is in the Books

Finished up the second session of my running camp this week. I still can't believe how amazing the experience has been of putting on these camps. Both sessions turned out to be amazing. Two of the most satisfying weeks of my life. Thanks so much to everyone who participated. They were such a success that I already have 3 sessions planned for next summer! The dates are up on the camp website and the entry will open beginning on August 15th. Click here for more info.

Beyond this I've just been doing my best to get ready for UTMB and packing up to head back to Colorado for the fall/winter. It sure has been a short summer. I've done a ton of cool stuff here in Alaska since early May, but I feel like this summer could go on for years and I wouldn't run out of run stuff to do. This said, I'm looking forward to getting settled back in to Colorado and enjoying the Rocky Mountain Autumn which can be one of the most wonderful places in the world to spend the next several months.

7 comments:

R. Logan Brooks said...

What I'd give to spend some time up there in AK with ya.

Eero said...

Whoa! Watched the videos, looks amazing. Can't come next year, but I'll definitely add that to my bucket list ;) Might be able to squeeze to my schedule in 2013, hope you'll still be doing them then.

Neal Gorman said...

Congratulations. You are lucky to have found a wholesome way to give back to a sport/passion that you love. I imagine as good as you feel your campers probably feel even better. Way to go. I've fly fished a few times in very remote locations in Alaska- Icy Bay (at the base of Mt St Elias), Cordova, Seward, Russian, Kenai, Alagnak, and Tsiu rivers. It is hard to explain to people what Alaska is really like if they've never been. It's essentially a wilderness- most everywhere is so incredibly remote and untouched. Running there must be special.

Will Cooper said...

Good luck at UTMB Geoff. WS is behind you. Now its time to put on your headphones and dial in the Dead. Let JG guide you through the hype.

Unknown said...

Running in Alaska is a distant dream for me all the way down here in Sydney, Australia!

The camps sound great.

trailrutger said...

This is great, sharing your knowledge of ultra running and firsthand inspiring other athletes.

Rutger (the Netherlands)

Lars said...

Hi Geoff, liked the scene when you congratulated Kilian before the finish of WS. Anyway, hope that it will be reversed at UTMB.

Best wishes!