Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Thinking Ahead

Bike Commute 3 miles
Run 11 miles

Got out for a great run after work today. It was probably the most fresh I've felt in 3 weeks! None of the quad or calf fatigue that I've felt for the better part of the past month. I'll get out for a mellow run tomorrow and then Thursday and Friday off to be ready for my race on Saturday. And then my season will be over as far as racing is concerned.

After this Saturday the next time I line up for a race that I'm taking seriously it'll be the 350 mile Iditarod Trail Invitational next February. Going to need a little time off before I start preparing for that one. Planning to spend the rest of August and all of September focusing on some other things. Things I've neglected through so much training/racing lately. A little break will be nice, but I'm also already kind of anxious to get going on my preparation for next year's overwhelming racing schedule.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You've expressed my own feelings almost exactly. My first '08 event is in February, too, and I'm looking forward to and August and September where I get to catch up on some things I've had to neglect. My kayak is calling out to me!

FixieDave said...

Sounds like a good plan!

just doing fun rides till the Vapor Trail sept 9

Camping, drinking beer, getting a bit fat =)

Dave said...

Good luck this Sat in the 50 miler!

How are you going to race the Iditarod? Bike, ski, or foot?

Geoff said...

dave, not 100% certain but i'm pretty sure i'll be doing the ultrasport on foot.
i see that jay's signed up to go to nome. wow! that'll will be exciting to follow. if the weather cooperates that record could be beaten by a few days. problem is that it's almost impossible to do that race without serious weather issues at some point.

Anonymous said...

酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店經紀
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
酒店上班
禮服店
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
童裝
童裝
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領