Monday, January 26, 2009

Some Days You Just Don't Have It

I suspect that I'm not as close to fully recovered from the HURT 100 as I thought I was. I did about 13 miles of running and 8 miles of biking (to and from work) yesterday and felt pretty good through most of it. My plan was to get back into normal training load beginning today, but then I woke up this morning feeling like I ran another 100 miler yesterday. I don't have any soreness or anything like that, but my body just feels exhausted and I have a horrible headache. I might be getting sick or I might just need more recovery time, it's hard to tell right now. Either way I think today will be better spent mostly indoors giving my cats the attention that they have missed since Jill and I were gone to Hawaii for almost two weeks.... Maybe I'll hit up the gym if I'm feeling better after work.

4 comments:

AJW said...

Geoff,

I know exactly what you're saying. I often call it the "delayed hangover effect" and the headache symptoms are a true sign. It has happened to me several times after 100 milers when I feel my recovery is solid for a week or so and then fatigue sets in. Usually, I just do some aggressive rest (2-3 days) and it goes away. After that, I usually have a bounce that feels good. Might be worth a try.

AJW

Anonymous said...

It's great to know that you're human!! I was beginning to wonder! :)

Love your blog!
Stacey

FixieDave said...

rest, maybe a few glasses of red wine, try and get a 9-10 hour night of sleep?

Huge congats of the race! your a freak!

Anonymous said...

酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領