Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cleaning Out My Closet

Bike Commute 3 miles
Run 6 miles
-4 miles in middle at 5:50 pace

I was having a bit of a panic attack this past weekend when I began to add up just how much money I will be spending on racing in 2008. After some quick calculations I got really concerned and started looking through my closet to see what I could sell on eBay to help with some of the money I've already begun spending on my new GDR bike. I didn't come up with much. Unfortunately before I moved to Alaska I sold most everything I owned that had any legitimate value. And now I'm stuck selling some pretty random stuff that has almost no value. But then here lies the beauty of eBay: even things with no value actually have some value because you have thousands of potential customers instead of hoping that one random person who's looking for a love seat slipcover actually comes to your garage sale. (I really do have a love seat slipcover on eBay right now in case you happen to be one of those strange people looking for a love seat slipcover). Anyway, a few bids here and a few bids there and now my items that I have listed are up to a cumulative total of $73. As far as I can tell this is about 1% of the money I will spend on racing in the next 15 months. But hey, this is about 1/3 of the amount I spent on my new bike frame. I find it's good to think of these things in baby steps. Find a way to pay for the frame now and then hopefully find a way to pay for the other parts once I find them.

Anyhow, at the risk of sounding like I'm flat out begging for financial assistance here, I give you my items for sale on eBay!!! Hey, you might just see something there you actually want. Most of it is crap as far as I'm concerned, but that's the beauty of random crap we have stashed away in our closets: there's always someone out there looking for that stupid love seat slipcover that we were tricked into taking when we bought our love seat at a garage sale. By the way, I'm actually selling some pretty nice stuff too. An almost new climbing helmet, a new camelbak (no bladder), some almost new cycling shoes, a new Nathan running waist pack, etc.

One more thing: Mom, in case you read this, sorry for anything I'm selling that you ever gave me as a gift... just think of it as your gift being transferred into a small push up a large hill in one of my races next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Geoff, I understand - you know I am reading this - I look for it everyday. Good luck!!!! Love you

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Roes. I just want you to know that I will not support the detachment of Geoff from gifts given to him by you by purchasing any of them on Ebay. I've likely "acquired" possesions of his given by you over the years, but I don't believe one can put a price on such things. Anyway, I hope you are well, Mr. Roes too.

Bryan

Anonymous said...

酒店喝酒
台北酒店經紀
酒店
酒店現領
酒店經紀
酒店小姐
酒店工作
酒店兼差
酒店兼職
酒店打工