Friday, June 29, 2007

Looking Ahead

Wednesday:
Bike Commute 3 miles
Run 7 miles

Thursday:
Bike Commute 3 miles

Today:
Bike Commute 3 miles
Run 12 miles

It's taken me a little longer than I had hoped to get into the mix of things after last weekend. I got in a really mellow run on Wednesday evening but then I felt like I just wasn't quite ready for back to back runs so I took Thursday off. I wasn't ever really sore at all after the 24 hour race but I just have felt really tired all week. Finally today I feel my strength and energy coming back. Got out for 12 miles this morning and I spent the entire run thinking about my racing plans for the next 16 months.

My big events still ahead this summer are Crow Pass Crossing on July 21st and Resurrection Pass 50 miler on August 4th. I usually don't plan many things much beyond this but more and more I'm thinking about doing events that really necessitate planning well in advance. And so as I ran today I was thinking about what I would like to do next year and decided that rather than planning on what I'd "like" to do I am going to decide now what I am GOING TO DO. And in my mind I just kept coming back to the same three events over and over.

I can't really see any harm in planning things well in advance so as of today here is my race schedule for 2008:

It's only 3 races but it sure is going to be 3 big ones. Should be a great year.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Big indeed!

Anonymous said...

You are one crazy kid!!! I sure hope you can achieve your goals. You are such an inspiration to others.

Love,
Mom

I will be a nervous wreck all the time you are doing these.

WynnMan said...

Great choices and diversity which will make the races even that much more fun and rewarding. I like that you are going with the "big races". High levels of competition and challenge.

Awesome stuff!

wynnman

Anonymous said...

If you complete the Great Divide Race, you are going to have to change the name of your blog - you will have some serious endurance after that ride. :-)

Phil