Sunday, April 1, 2007

No Foolin'

Classic Ski 50k - 31 miles


If someone told me this morning that I was going to ski a 50k today I would have thought it was an April Fool's joke. If I had also been told that I would classic ski a 50k in 3:03 I would have known it was an April Fool's joke.

But then it ended up being one of those days in which everything came together much better than expected. The snow was fast, I had the perfect wax on my skis, and I was feeling very strong as I had only skied 12 miles total in the previous 3 days. After a few miles I began to think about going for 50k and then after 25k I began to think about tyring to continue pushing the pace to see how fast I could do a 50k. I didn't end up pushing 100% but I did work much harder than I had intended and it felt great. I'm thinking now, based on how quick I did this that it must have been a short 50k but at the very least it was 29 or 30 miles. Either way it was the longest ski I have ever done. Good times.

And today was the first day of a new baseball season, and my beloved Mets are on pace to go 162-0. No Foolin'.