Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wow!

I'm slowly easing back into "normal life" after a week out on the Iditarod Trail. That was without question the most challenging, satisfying, profound, and EPIC adventure I have ever been involved in. It's really hard to put it into words, but I have made that attempt and will be posting the full race report on Monday morning. It will be posted over on iRunFar so you can watch there on Monday or check back here as I will have a link to it shortly after it's online.

In the meantime I have been uploading some videos to YouTube that I took during the race. Unfortunately the battery on my camera died around mile 230, but the videos do a decent job of capturing some of what I was experiencing up to that point. You can see them all HERE

And thanks to everyone for all the great emails, facebook messages, texts, phone calls, etc in the past week since I finished the race. I wish I had the time/energy to respond directly to all of them, but for most of this week it's been hard for me to respond to anything. I've pretty much been doing nothing but sleeping, eating, and complaining about how much my lower legs/feet ache. I'm starting to feel a lot better though, and maybe I'll even go out for a walk tomorrow.

12 comments:

Will Cooper said...

what a great accomplishment. looking forward to the race report. rock it!

Derrick said...

Great videos. So nice to get an idea of the course.

Look forward to reading your report.

Recover well!

André Lambert said...

Good job Geoff. You are the man. Look forward to see you run in 2012. All the best,

André

sharmanian said...

Geoff, I followed along during the race - great work out there! Looking forward to reading the report.

Walter Olsen said...

Congrats on a great race. Really impressive! Looking forward to your trip report. You are an inspiration Geoff.

Dave Mackey said...

Geoff, I ran the Rock and Ice ultra in NW territories in 2007.. what you went through makes my race look like a Hawaii trip. Well done.

a said...

Simply inspiring !
Cheers from Chile !

Michael Alfred said...

Geoff, that was a truly epic performance. I've really enjoyed watching the youtube videos and look forward to the race report.

John said...

Congrats man. The videos give a bit more insight into the race itself and were great to see. Thanks for posting them. The Race looks awesome.

Atbarnes said...

You're zest for running inspires me!

Atbarnes said...

You're zest for running inspires me!

Unknown said...

Fantastic work Geoff. What a great adventure - 'race' seems to miss the point somehow as it sounds as if it was one of those incredible life experiences. Thanks for sharing it with us, I promise I won't moan next time my heating dies!