Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Exhausted And Loving It

Had one of those runs today that will make it a lot easier to taper than I was thinking it will be. That is to say I felt absolutely exhausted today as I ran for about 2 hours with Dave. Virtually every step of it felt hard. Not hard in a bad way. Just tired out from 12 hours and 70 miles of running with close to 20k ft. of ascent in 4 days. Now it's time to ease back and let my body strengthen from the solid effort I've put in my training over the past several weeks.

I never train with very much focus. I mostly just go out and run. In the last 3 or 4 weeks though I have made a fairly focused effort at trying to be as fast as possible come December 4th. The last time I did anything like this was with a focus on being as fast as possible on June 26th.... I guess that worked out quite well for me.

I'll be interested to see how my body is able to perform next weekend. It's been an up and down few months for me in terms of how my physical body has felt and I'm kind of curious to see if the confidence from how strong I've felt in the past few weeks will be able to override the doubts I may still have lingering about how weak I've felt for most of the past few months. Kind of a fun little psycho/science experiment.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Gotta beat the vaunted "roadie who can run trail" in Uli. Attack and attack, especially on those climbs.

Take it.

Anonymous said...

Yawn.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck next week!

Thomas Kennedy said...

Congrats on Western States. Good luck next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great. With Wyatt and Krupicka out, it looks like it might be you versus Steidl for the title.