Thursday, September 16, 2010

RRR 50

Heading out to Steamboat later today to race the Run Rabbit Run 50 miler this weekend. I'm still not feeling great, but I am feeling significantly better than I was a week ago. I've even had a couple runs this week which I would say I was feeling strong. We'll see how it all plays out. This is certainly the weakest I've felt going into a race in quite some time. A good strong run on Saturday could be just the thing to snap me out of this funk, but a really tough race could be hard on my mind and body. I think I am prepared for this though. I'm not expecting a lot and I have no intention of allowing this to be an outing which has a significant negative effect on me (physically or mentally). More or less I just see it as going out for a nice, scenic, and fun run in the mountains on Saturday morning. If I can keep this perspective I think it will be very easy to have a "successful" race, even if I don't feel as physically strong as I would like.

10 comments:

KovasP said...

Oh yes, first do no harm. Hope you have an enjoyable race and go home feeling strong!

trudginalong said...

Fast, beautiful couse, and good beer at the finish. You'll have fun for sure.

Michael Alfred said...

Good luck brother.

Mom said...

Good luck - don't push yourself if you are not feeling well. Have a fun time and hope after this race you are feeling better.

Fairbanks said...

Hope you get a good groove going and have a fun run!

wiglebot said...

Are you competitive? It seems like you run from a non-competitive state of mind and win races. Nice.

chris mcpeake said...

Have a great race man!!

Michelle said...

Keep going and you are gonna own every course record in existence. LOL Love you Geoff!

Charlie said...

Anybody know how he did?

michelle said...

broke the CR with 7:11. AND he was sick!