Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Looking For A Rhythm

The past month has been a strange one for me in terms of running. I've run on some amazing trails all over the world: Alaska; The Yukon; Banff; Colorado; and France, to name a few. With all this travel though it's been very hard to get into any kind of consistent rhythm with my running. I don't think I've had any stretch in the past month in which I've run more than 6 days in a row and my total time and mileage has been way down due to all the days off. Add to this the fact that the one race that I was supposed to run in this time got cancelled 3 hours into the event and it's safe to say that it's been anything but a typical month of running for me. I've enjoyed this time for sure, but I am very ready now to get back into a more steady stretch of running. I got back here to Colorado 5 days ago thinking that I would jump right into this rhythm but I have been a bit sick this whole week so it's been necessary for me to take it slow because of that. Finally now I think I am feeling healthy and have no big travel plans anytime in the near future. I'm looking forward to getting back into hitting the mountain trails everyday and being out for 20+ hours and 100+ miles a week. I miss it a bit.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be hooking up with Tony K for runs in the area?

Derrick said...

You failed to list Clayton, NY as one of those amazing runs ;)

Enjoy the Colorado trails

Mom said...

How about Carleton Island, Cape Vincent, NY with your brother??

Rex said...

So is your new home Colorado? If you are staying in Boulder that would be an insane amount of mountain ultrarunning talent in one town!

michelle said...

Yes! Clayton and Carleton Island! Every mountain trail runner's dream! LOL

Anonymous said...

Geoff, do you have any advice for cold-weather running gear? I'm planning on hitting the trails a lot for the remainder of 2010 but the mercury is about to start dipping and I want to be prepared for when the cold hits.

As an AK native I'm sure you've got some pointers that would be useful for all of us in the continental U.S. gearing up for fall/winter.

Thanks!

Kyle

Anonymous said...

hola brother... do what you need to do, my friend... we'd love to see you racing in the northwest, but, by all means, you are at the helm... you are the cream, right now, so go with it... we have faith in you... even as an alaskan, the west coast is where it's at... where you're at... thank you for really bringing it... for real... i can't wait to see what's next...

peace and good things to you...

Andrew said...

funny but I was going to say what about Carleton Island as well... heard you and Shawn shaved a whole 30 seconds off the CR up there ;)

Have fun in CO!

John said...

Since Geoff is unlikely to reply:

Yes, he lives in Boulder now (well, Nederland, which is a nearby high-altitude small town that is fortunately not on fire at the moment)