Friday, July 17, 2009

Hoping To Survive, Maybe Even Thrive...

Running Crow Pass race tomorrow. It'll be my first race in 10 weeks. I'm not sure if I'm totally ready, but I never feel totally ready.

I'm not sure if it is possible to just decide ahead of time to do but my plan for this race is to push myself harder than I've ever pushed myself. I don't intend to pay much attention to what other runners are doing (even though the competition will be stellar), but instead to try to get my mind to make my body work harder than might typically seem possible. It'll likely go really bad, but if not it could go really well. It's kind of a scary and intense way to approach a race, but strangely kind of comforting too. Should be an interesting morning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jeff, that's gutsy! We'll be looking for results online Sat, and seeing you when you get back to Juneau. Enjoy your race, and good luck! BobM

Betsy and Scott Fischer said...

Good luck! We will be watching for results. You will have some stiff competition.

Mom said...

Good luck Geoff! I am sure whatever you decide to do will be successful - you always amaze us. We will be waiting for your call after you finish the race. Love you - Mom & Dad

Hone said...

Congrats on the course record. Simply amazing.

Sara Montgomery said...

That's so great, congrats!! Feed us some details when you get a chance.

Derrick said...

Congrats Geoff. Looking forward to hearing the details.

Eric Strabel said...

Congratulations Geoff. Clearly, the best man today.

Michelle (et al) said...

Awesome Geoff. We're all so proud of you!!