Friday, May 1, 2009

New Shoes

Tomorrow is the first race in a long time that I have known several weeks ahead of time exactly which shoes I was going to wear on race day. It's really a shame that I just found out tonight that these shoes are nowhere to be found in the car. I think I left them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Ashland, OR two days ago. Luckily I have another pair of the same model, just slightly more used. It's all good. But who the hell loses their shoes the day before a race they've been preparing toward for 2 months. Kind of funny. And really boneheaded.

Check my twitter link in the sidebar. I'll probably update it shortly after I finish tomorrow. Hope you all sleep better than I will tonight.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Go out and grab it Geoff! Enjoy the moment with the abilities God has given you. Carpe Diem!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

those poor second pair of shoes are going to get pounded this weekend -lol

Have a great race Geoff!

Anonymous said...

classic- totally something that I would do :)
with all that happens to you in grocery store parking lots- lending cell phones to gangsters, feeding cats, talking with hoardes of alaska license plate groupies- its kind of understandable that you get distracted...talk to you soon --go get em
n

Derrick said...

Sorry to read your twitter update.

Lots of other great races to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領

Anonymous said...

To be a good human being is to be enduring a kind of openness to the far-out, an skill to group unsure things beyond your own manage, that can govern you to be shattered in very extreme circumstances for which you were not to blame. That says something exceedingly important thither the fettle of the honest autobiography: that it is based on a trustworthiness in the uncertain and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a weed than like a treasure, something rather fragile, but whose extremely particular attraction is inseparable from that fragility.