Friday, April 17, 2009

Southbound Again

This week has certainly been one of the most crazy, busy, and tiring weeks of my life. I've run about 115 miles in the last 7 days, worked for 6 days straight, hungout late with friends at least three of those nights, and slept about half as much as normal. Oh yeah, and I just packed up almost everything I own in about 3 hours to move to a storage unit. Hope to get better sleep tonight because I'm planning on doing about 35 miles tomorrow. After that I begin my taper for Miwok and try to relax and enjoy my last 3 days in Juneau before rolling out of town first thing on Wednesday.

I'm really excited for the next couple months, but like anytime I make such a drastic change in my life there is also a lot of anxiety that goes along with it. I suspect the next 5 or 6 days will be loaded with stress, anxiety, and more nights without enough sleep but it sure will be nice later next week to be rolling down the Alaska Highway toward the lower 48 with nothing but two months of summer sunshine ahead of us.

6 comments:

Hone said...

I have never run that many miles in a week, worked that many days straight, and do not have any friends.

It sounds like the purpose of this post is to brag about how cool you are.

Have fun on your run tomorrow and remember that tapering is for the birds.

Anonymous said...

Man, what a week. Don't you dare get sick before Miwok.

Mackey was nice enough to drag me around on a run a couple days ago and your name came up in our conversations as one to do well at Miwok. When the quiet giant mentions your name, you better do well.

Have a safe trip; hopefully we can meet up for a big run some time.
Tim

Anonymous said...

Geoff; have fun Miwok and don't go out too fast and don't run the downhills hard; save it for the uphills and flatter singletrack. Negative or even splits!

QUIET GIANT>>>>WHATTTTTT????

Anonymous said...

sounds better than 'skinny fast guy who doesn't much at all about himself'.

Anonymous said...

that's "...doesn't much at all TALK about himself."

Anonymous said...

酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領