Thursday, January 22, 2009

70 Degree Drop

Flew back into Juneau this morning after a pretty horrible flight through the night from Honolulu to Anchorage (lots of crying babies, puking drunks, and a lady sitting next to us almost passing out before an EMT on the flight helped her out and gave her some oxygen).

80 degrees when we left Kona yesterday afternoon and about 10 degrees here in Juneau. It actually feels nice though. It's a beautiful sunny day, but unfortunately I have to go to work. I want to just go to bed for the rest of the day and then out for a short run in the evening. We'll see how I feel after work and maybe we'll get that short run in before bed. I haven't run yet since the race but I feel fully recovered as far as muscle soreness goes. I'm sure there's still a lot of fatigue there but I suspect I'll be back training 100% by the weekend.

Thanks all for the congrats and kind words following my race from last weekend. I'll try to write up a decent race report tonight or tomorrow. Probably nothing too exciting. Basically I started running at 6:00 Saturday morning and at just before 2:30 Sunday morning I was done with the 5th loop. Other than that it was one of those runs that I really don't remember all that well. It went by very fast and for the most part very smooth. But as I said, more details within the next day or two.


Hone said...

It will be cool to hear you story of the race and it will be fun to lose to you yet again next month at the Little Su 50k.

The rest of my running life I will answer the same question....Yes I am from Alaska and yes I know Geoff Roes. I do not care that you know a friend of a friend that has met him.

You are starting to cast a huge shadow on the other Alaskans ultrarunners and we do not like it. Death 2 Geoff!! just kidding

Olga said...

It went fast and smooth - ha, what better way to put it in few words?! Yeah, you're bringing attention to Alaskan runners for sure, like lil' brother who suddenly outgrown his older sibling. It was fun "watching" you move.

Anonymous said...