Monday, August 11, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Ran a very comfortable 17:13 in the Resurrection Pass 100 this weekend. I did everything right. I ate well, hydrated well, and stuck to a very mellow pace. In the end I felt more like I had run for 2 hours rather than 17. The only significant fatigue I felt was due to not sleeping for 36 hours. As soon as I got some sleep I felt great. Today I feel pretty much fully recovered! I have never (until now) run an ultra and not had any soreness after. This is definitely a very good sign as to my fitness right now.

I'm still in Anchorage. Was supposed to get back to Juneau yesterday but my flight was cancelled due to a volcanic ash cloud. Maybe I'll write a little more about this run when I get home tonight. For now I've got to find a way to kill 6 more hours before the next flight down to Juneau. Hey, I know, I'll go for a run! Might be the only time I ever get a chance to go running the day after a 100 miler.

4 comments:

Hone said...

Geoff,

It was great getting to know you a little better over the weekend. You have amazing talent and have a great attitude about life. Have fun in Utah and dont get lost on the trail!!
Take care brother.

carlhutch said...

hey Geoff
been wondering all day how it went
all smiles this side of the pond.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Geoff! Write more! from Minnow

Anonymous said...

酒店兼差

酒店打工

酒店經紀

酒店小姐

酒店兼職

酒店上班

禮服店

假日打工

台北酒店經紀

童裝批發

童裝批發

童裝

童裝

酒店喝酒

暑假打工

寒假打工

酒店

酒店經紀人

酒店現領