Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sinus Pressure

I've had a nagging head cold for 5 days now. It's better today than yesterday but not gone yet. Thus very little running or biking for about a week now. I'm in the middle of a planned rest period for several weeks but I can't help but feel a bit of anxiety when I don't get out for a good run or ride for a few days. My original plan was to keep my training very low key until at least early to mid October but I can tell already that this just isn't going to happen. I'm taking a vacation out to New York to see my family next week and will return to Juneau on September 11th. At that point I'll likely be starting back at 6 or 7 days a week of running and/or biking and/or weight training. I find lately that I'm just not as relaxed and content with my day to day life when I'm not running and/or biking most everyday. just my luck that the one thing I've found that I'm entirely passionate about has pretty near zero opportunity to "make a living" at. Too bad I don't have the interest in medicine or law that I have in endurance racing.

1 comment:

D said...

It seems sad but true that most of the things people (I know/like anyway) are really passionate about don't pay the bills (except in rare circumstances, or unless the person is really, really good at them and markets themselves well to the right audience). Most of my buddies have considered or undertaken career changes in search of a paying occupation that really lights their fires (not because the first career wasn't paying the bills). People always say you should do what you love in your spare time (when you're not at work)...but there's never enough 'spare' time, is there?