Thursday, August 16, 2007

Heintzleman Ridge to Nugget Creek

Fun adventure out on Heintzleman Ridge today. Covered about 15 miles in 4 hours including about 6,000 feet of total climbing, some serious bushwhacking, lucky route finding, a mountain goat, and a bear. Pictures tell the best story of how nice of a day it was:

Looking Northwest "out to sea"


Mendenhall Glacier


Alpine blueberries growing right on the ground... much sweeter than berries up on bushes


Mountain goat


Looking down the drainage I was hoping to follow down to Nugget Creek. There's a bear down in the middle though so I had to change my route and drop over the ridge on the left and into some serious steep terrain with a few miles of annoying bushwhacking.

4 comments:

FixieDave said...

way cool... Goeff rodes, outdoordude, runner, biker, internet doc =)

VeloCC said...

I would love to see a mountain goat.
Jill had some cool pics of them on her blog. My blog's title is Die Bergziege (German for mountain goat)
http://velocc.blogspot.com/
One of these days, I have to "steal" on of your mountain goats or at least a picture and put it on my blog.

D said...

These really are beautiful photos, Geoff. I keep looking for the bear - is he in the last pic?

Anonymous said...

酒店兼差
酒店打工
酒店經紀
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
酒店上班
禮服店
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
童裝批發
童裝批發
童裝
童裝
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領