Tuesday, May 1, 2007

South to the Future

Bike 5 miles (commute)
Run 10 miles
Lift 12 lifts
-3 sets of 12 reps.

Even with the day off yesterday I still felt really tired out this morning. I ran 5 miles before work though and did feel a little better by the end of that run. After work I decided I wanted to try to reintroduce my body to a little bit of speed/tempo running. After a mile warm up I ran a 6:00 mile followed by an 8:00 recovery mile and then a 5:40 mile and then a short cool down. Nothing too long or fast but just a nice chance to see what it's like to go fast again for a bit. This is the first time I have pushed any speed through my legs in over 2 months. My body responded pretty well. the 5:40 mile actually felt a lot better than the 6:00 mile: I think I just wasn't really all that warmed up until after the first interval. Got in some good lifting after the run and I feel a lot better tonight than I did when I got up this morning. My back is still a bit sore today but I'm hoping my upcoming vacation will help with that.

I leave tomorrow for 11 days in Utah. I'm really looking forward to some sun and warmth... kind of too bad that the forecast is for cold, windy, rain for the next 4 or 5 days down there. bummer. and it's supposed to be sunny for at least a day or two here in Juneau. The thing is that a cold rainy day in Utah would be considered a warm dry day here in Juneau so I'm guessing even the storms that are moving through the desert in the next several days are going to seem like pleasant weather to me.

6 comments:

FixieDave said...

So far this year i've been rained or snowed on every time i've been to moab this year....

You start to wonder why they call it a desert?

looking forward to meeting you =)

Unknown said...

Have a fantastic trip and take lots of pics!

Faithful Soles said...

I hope your Utah trip is great fun and I'm sure the weather will be beautiful. I really enjoyed reading through your blog. I have recently moved from the marathon to where I am now training for my first ultra and eventually an Ironman, so it is always nice to come across a blog with such diverse training information.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I already have quite a large number of blogs from other multi-sport athletes on it and yours would be another great resource for our members. Thanks.

Faithful Soles said...

oh, I forgot to mention, you would also be our first blogger from Alaska in the database.

WynnMan said...

Won't take you long to get more speed back either if the 5:40 felt good. Utah! sounds fun, are you going to be doing a lot of biking?

WynnMan

Anonymous said...

童裝批發
童裝批發
童裝
童裝
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
禮服店
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
酒店上班
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店上班
酒店打工
酒店小姐
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
假日打工
台北酒店經紀